Omotola Jalade is a Nigerian actress, singer, film director, entertainer, philanthropist and a producer who has a net worth of $3 million dollars.
Since her Nollywood film debut in 1995, she has starred in over 300 films, selling millions of video copies. After receiving numerous high-profile awards, launching a music career, and amassing an enviable fan base, the press has revered the Screen Nation ‘Best Actress’ as Africa’s biggest star.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Net Worth And Biography
Beyond her shows and business accomplishments, she is also applauded for her remarkable humanitarian efforts. Omotola is one of the pioneers of the video film era of Nigerian cinema, becoming one of the most watched actresses in Africa.
In the year 2013, she was honoured in Time magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world alongside Michelle Obama, Beyoncé and Kate Middleton.
OMOTOLA JALADE EKEINDE PROFILE
- Full Name: Omotola Jalade Ekeinde
- Birth Date: 7th of February 1978
- Birth Place: Lagos State
- Nick Name: OmoSexy
- Religion: Christian
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Ethnicity: Yoruba
- Education: Yaba College of Technology
- Horoscope: N/A
- Father’s Name: Updating Soon
- Mother’s Name: Updating Soon
- Siblings: Updating Soon
- Age: 42-Years-Old
- Height: 1.95M
- Weight: N/A
- Shoe Size : N/A
- Hair Color: Dark
- Eye Color : Dark Brown
- Body Measurement: N/A
- Marital Status: Married
- Children: 4 Children
- Profession: Actress / Entrepreneur
- Stats: Active
- Net Worth: $3 million dollars
- Salary: Updating Soon
- Social Media: Instagram, Twitter
Omotola who was born on 7th of February 1978, in Lagos State, Nigeria. But she has her origin from Ondo State of Nigeria.
Omotola attended Chrisland School, Opebi, Oxford Children School, Santos Layout, and Command Secondary Schoo,l Kaduna. She had a brief course at Obafemi Awolowo University and completed her studies at Yaba College of Technology, where she studied Estate Management.
According to Omotola Jalade ekeinde . She grew up in a family of five, her parents and two younger brothers; Tayo and Bolaji Jalade. Omotola’s original ambition was to work in business management, while awaiting her results from university, she began modelling to earn a living
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde began modelling to give the flying minutes something to keep in store and to also earn a living. It was during one of those days, that she accompanied a friend to a movie audition and fortunately got herself a role. Omotola was introduced to acting by accompanying a friend to an audition. Her first acting role was in the 1995 movie Venom of Justice, directed by Reginald Ebere. Reginald has been cited as launching Omotola’s career. She was given the lead role in the movie, which set the stage for a flourishing career in the Nollywood film industry. Omotola got her first big role in the critically acclaimed film Mortal Inheritance (1995).
In the movie, she played a sickle-cell patient who fought for her life despite the odds of survival. Omotola’s character overcame the disease and she had a baby. The film is regarded as one of the Nigeria’s best movies ever made. Since then, she has starred in several blockbuster movies, including Games Women Play, Blood Sisters, All My Life, Last Wedding, My Story, The Woman in Me and host of others.
Ever since she has been starred in over 300 films and won many awards and credits.
OmoSexy, launched her “long-awaited” music career in 2005 with the release of her debut album titled “gba””. The album produced the singles “Naija Lowa” and “The Things You Do To Me.” Her unreleased second album – Me, Myself, and Eyes, brought in production from Paul Play and Del B. It was supported by the songs “Feel Alright” (featuring ,Harry Song) and “Through the Fire” (featuring, Uche). The Album’s launch party was scheduled to hold in Nigeria, and tables were expected to sell for N1 million.
OMOTOLA JALADE EKEINDE PERSONAL LIFE
Omotola, married Captain Matthew Ekeinde in 1996. The couple later held a white ceremony on board a Dash 7 aircraft while flying from Lagos to Benin in 2001, with close family and friends present. Together, they have four children, Princess, M.J Meraiah and Michael. She lost her father in 1991.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Reality show
In (2012), Omotola launched her own reality show, Omotola: The Real Me, on Africa Magic Entertainment, a M-Net subsidiary broadcast on DStv. This made Omotola the first Nigerian celebrity to star in her own reality show
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Net Worth is Estimated at $3 million.
OMOTOLA JALADE EKEINDE RECOGNITIONS AND AWARDS.
Nollywood heavyweight has bag multiple awards for herself from her career.
- The Best Actress English at The Movie Awards 1997
- The Best Actress Overall at The Movie Awards 1997
- Best Actress at the City People Awards for Excellence 2004
- Best Actress & Grand Achiever at Global Excellence Recognition 2004
- Best Individual & Symbol of Creativity at CEON 2004
- Most Friendly Actress at Youth Benefactor’s Awards 2006
- Best Actress-Africa Collaboration at Ghana Movie Awards 2011
- Actress of the Year at Eloy Awards 2012
- Pan African Best Actress at Screen Nation Awards 2012
- GIAMA Humanitarian Award at Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards 2012
- Popular Online Choice at Nollywood Movies Awards 2013
- Ebony Vanguard Award at Music Video and Screen Awards 2013
- 100 Most Influential People in the World by the TIMES Magazine 2013
- Member of the Order of the Federal Republic 2014
- Female Entertainment Personality at City People Social Media Awards 2016
- Best Actress at Toronto International Nollywood Film Festival 2017
- Best Actress at Nollywood Travel Film Festival 2017
- Most Influential 100 People of African Descent at the United Nation MIPAD 2018
- Movie Icon of the Year at City People Movie Awards 2018
- Movie Icon of the Year at City People Movie Awards 2018
- Best Actress in Movies/TV Series at Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards 2018
Omotola became a United Nations World Food Programme Ambassador in (2005), going to missions in Sierra- Leone and Liberia. Omotola also supports organisations such as Charles Odii’s SME100 Africa to empower youth and young women in the society. She has been active in the Walk the World project and participated in the Walk the World campaign in Liberia with President Ellen Sir Leaf-Johnson
Omotola, is known as a fierce human rights campaigner and her philanthropy efforts are centred on her NGO project, called the Omotola Youth Empowerment Programme (OYEP). The undertaking brought hundreds of youths together for the Empowerment Walk and Convention. she lent her voice in (2010) to the Rewrite The Future Campaign of Save The Children UK.
She became an Amnesty International campaigner in (2011) and has participated in campaigns in Sierra- Leone (Maternal Mortality) and her recent campaign of The Niger Delta in Nigeria, where she shot a video asking Shell and the government to own up, clean up, pay up and take responsibility of the Oil spills in the Niger- Delta