The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry. The Fund hereby invites applications from qualified candidates to apply for the 2021/22 Undergraduate scholarships for students in Nigerian Federal Universities.
Method of application
Online application form can be accessed from the PTDF SCHOLARSHIP MANAGEMENT PORTAL scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng Instructions and Guidelines on how to access the application form is stated on the PTDF Scholarship Management Portal (scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng)
Applicants are advised to read through the requirements before applying.
APPLICANTS ARE TO PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are to note that they will be required to verify their NIN before proceeding with the application (NIMC verification charges apply).
§ Applicants who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same or lower category of degree.
§ Applicants who are beneficiaries of any other scholarship need not apply.
§ Application is restricted to Federal Universities and for specific courses only.
§ Possession of valid admission letter into the University is mandatory for all applicants.
§ Postgraduate applicant’s admission letter should be within a validity
period of 12 months (2019/2020 or 2020/2021 session).
§ Postgraduate applicants who meet the requirements shall be shortlisted for interviews before final selection of successful candidates.
· Undergraduate applicants must have completed their first year and are currently in their second year of studies.
§ Only undergraduate applicants undertaking studies in oil and gas related fields (as advertised) will be considered and the final selection shall be based on grades on their transcripts (transcripts must be signed and stamped by HOD/Exams Officer or any authorized staff).
§ Admission for part-time studies shall not be considered for all categories of applications.
The scholarship is highly competitive, and merit driven. Selection of candidates shall be based on equitable representation of the 36 States of the Federation and FCT.
CRITERIA, REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION PROCESS FOR INCOUNTRY SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME (ISS) POSTGRADUATE:
A selection panel will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria.
· Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired and relevant publications to be referenced by applicants.
· Membership of professional bodies.
· The viability of the study/research plan (PhD applicants only)
· Undergraduate and Postgraduate (MSC) applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose stating the reason(s) they wish to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and its expected impact on national development.
· While PhD applicants are required to submit a research proposal of not more than 6 pages to include topic, introduction, literature review, research question(s), novelty, methodology, mode of data collection(s), expected outcome(s), relevance to the industry and appropriate references.
A). (ISS) Undergraduate:
· Applicants must be full time students in any of the Federal Universities listed.
· Applicants must be in their second year of study.
· Course of study should be related to oil and gas industry as advertised.
· Students must have been admitted into the University in 2018/19 academic year only.
· Possess 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO including English Language and Mathematics
· Possess a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on scale of 5 or 3.0 on a scale of 4 which is equivalent to 2.1 in the first year for the 2018/19 batch of students
· Applicants should provide their transcripts for the first year of study (transcripts must be signed and stamped by HOD/Exams Officer or any authorized staff).
Undergraduate applicants who meet the above requirements are to upload the following documents:
o Evidence of statement of WAEC/SSCE/NECO results with at least 5 credits, including English Language and Mathematics (not more than 2 sittings and the first sitting result must be uploaded).
o Letter of admission into the University
o First year academic transcript(s) duly signed and stamped by HOD/Exams Officer or any authorized staff.
o Certificate of indi