Having a skin that is clear enough to go makeup-free, is what every lady dreams of. A lot of women put so much effort into their skincare for this very reason.
To some, having a clear skin may seem impossible.
Most times, the main reason they feel that way is because they have a more serious skin concern than most women around them. But with proper care and patience, achieving a clearer skin is very possible. Below are some tricks that can help you achieve a smoother and clearer skin.
1. Cleanse twice daily. This is very important because cleansing helps remove dirt, excess oil and impurities from your skin. You want to cleanse both morning and night to make sure your skin is free from bacteria and impurities that could clog pores, cause breakouts and irritations.
As important as it is to cleanse regularly, be careful not to over do it. Cleansing too often can strip your skin and leave it feeling dry.
2. Exfoliate at least once a week. Exfoliating is essential because you need to remove all the dead skin cells that dulls your skin. Do not over do this too, your can exfoliate up to 3 times a week, but nothing more than that. Over-exfoliating can compromise your skin barrier and lead to many skin concerns that you don’t want to deal with. Be very gentle too when exfoliating your face.
3. Always moisturize your skin. It is very necessary to keep your skin hydrated. This helps your skin stay healthy. When your skin is healthy, you’ll have little or no skin problems. Moisturise as many times as necessary to keep your skin from feeling dry.
4. Protect your skin from sun damage. Always apply sunscreen whenever you’re stepping out of the house. Wear protective clothing and avoid sun exposure as much as you can. Excessive sun exposure can lead to dull skin, sunburn and discoloration.
5. Be patient and consistent with your skincare routine. Like they say, Rome wasn’t built in one day. Skincare requires patience and consistency. That’s the only way you can see results. Also remember that flawless skin does not exist, real healthy skin has texture and occasional blemishes. Aim for a healthy skin, not perfect skin.